Friday 11 January 2013

Quick fire locations

This is a fun practice piece. Making oa grid of 10 canvas at a very low res, I wanted to fill each with a different location trying different colour palettes and see if I could produce some strong compositions. They are purposely loose and approximately about as big as a postage stamp. Some I think came out quite nicely and I may even work one or two up.

This is beneficial in two ways;
1 - I am practicing my colour understanding and composition skills (al-be-it with no real detail and at a small size)
2 - THis builds up a sketch folder I have where I bin leave every loose sketch, thumbnail, doodle etc for a later date where it may come in use like a mini portfolio of work in progress.

Anyway here are the initial scribbles

No comments:

Post a Comment