Monday 18 June 2012

A New Metropolis part1

So with this post I have started with a photo plate. As the image below shows I started with a photo that didnt have a particularly strong light direction. This is often a favoured type of shot for Matte Artists as it allows for a lot more adjustment rather than if there was an obvious light source that you would have to stick to.

So my next step was to broaden the canvas I liked the height and layers to the buildings so by widening the view it would have a more cinematic appearance. I knew I wanted to go with a future city and use a photo I had of an evening sky which mixes orange and blue tones. Anywho, the only other stages at this point was to set up a perspective grid line so I would be able to add any additional buildings/props correctly. Some foreground buildings from other photos are used to border the shot and strengthens the low cam angle.


Stay tuned for part 2 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment