Monday 23 March 2020

2020. But are we seeing any clearer...

So, I didn't post all last year.
And why post at all, you may ask. Blogs are dead. There are more immediate ways to put your word out…
Well… you’re probably right, whoever you are, yelling at your screen.
Last year was hugely productive and hopefully, if you happen to be reading this in the future, proved to be a big step up and forward for me. Personally I made some rather big changes to my life but the internet isn’t a place to air one’s laundry so lets skip that as it’s not the point of the blog anyway (I know, what ever was the point of this blog?)

It’s 2020 and as history will report we are in the middle of the viral pandemic that is CoVid-19 or Coronavirus. Working from home or at least feigning to work from home, I’m determined to use the time as productively as I can whether it be keeping up with drawing, practicing painting or generally updating software and running some user/life admin tasks.
As this was intended as (and should remain as) a design and film blog from my perspective, I hope to post any pieces I’ve done during this time. I must admit, when starting something like this, you aren’t exactly concerned with whether you will hold yourself to it down the line whether that be a few months or even years later. Being busy as I have been on Fast9 and currently The Batman, it should be said it is hard to muster up the fuel to write some long essay for my own gratification.
But if you start to do something then you’ve at least begun the journey, right?

So what have I done to begin this “stay-at-home” period. I broke out the traditional materials and practiced with some mini painting in a postcard sized book that I had begun way back in a Sept 2018 post. I had since tried 3 other paintings (below) and the fourth is the one I did last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment