Monday 19 December 2011

Movie news to end the year

So as I previously commented, my blogs have become rather lack-luster.

But I have decided, after quite an exciting evening of web viewing, to write about my viewings of today.

There is nothing better than the excitement and anticipation for future releases and events and while this year has certainly given us some promising titles to remember 2011 by (I opened my blog with a lengthy appreciation for Nicolas Winding Refn's Drive), I can't help look toward to 2012 and two genuine epics. Firstly;


THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Anyone excited about this release and is following even basic reports of the films production will be aware of the prologue that is at the beginning of Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. A 6 minute segment that introduces Bane to Christopher Nolan's Gotham City world featuring an elaborate plane sequence which is pretty cool to put it bluntly. Then later tonight this comes across the youtube channels; Trailer number 1!

To say it looks good would be an understatement and while it may not have the supreme hype that The Dark Knight did (I just rewatched this myself and remembered just how exciting it was. I watched this like 30 or 40 times), it still packs an exciting punch. Shame it lacks that punchy soundtrack and sinister voiceover but Bane still has what seems the best line at the end of the trailer.

Finally just as I was looking to bring my evening to a close, I fell upon an acquaitance's post that had me REALLY excited...

PROMETHEUS

This film is easily my favourite hyped movie for next year! For now I can't elaborate on a lot of the film as we need a trailer. Alas that will arrive thursday all thanks to this video. WOWZERS!!! Ridley Scott back in his old sandbox and it looks like he knows what he's doing. I love nostalgia, I really like the first two Alien films and I really like the look of this film! Thursday I'd like to post an indepth piece on what I truely hope will be the most exciting 3 minute advert this year!

Speak soon friends

No comments:

Post a Comment