Thursday 24 May 2012

An alien world out there...PART 2

So as promised, I have continued (aka found 30 spare mins) on this location shot inspired by my cravings for Prometheus (7 days!!!!!!)

Basically the initial environment existed and now needed beefing up. I was liking the atmospheric sky of smoke but genererally I wanted to bring the lighting as a whole, down a bit. For a more 'other worldly' quality I added a (very) near moon/planet and slight stars in space.

*as a side note I love making random planets and just saving the raw psd files. You never know when you may need a groups of planets or moons for a location or for a space ship to pass by. I may include a quick PShop tutorial on doing this as its quick and easy :)

Next was a tad more lighting to keep the interest. Using a dodge layer I added a haze of northern-light-type streaks through the sky...

So whats next on the agenda. I need to populate it with something and that is likely to be a vehicle. Anyone who wants to suggest ideas let me know

No comments:

Post a Comment